Air Conditioning Repair in North Richland Hills
Your A/C unit is comprised of many moving parts that can develop issues, which can lead to major damage or a system break down. If you notice certain spots in your home that are warm or you feel as though your A/C system isn’t circulating cool air throughout, it might be time to call our service technician for a diagnosis and repair.
When it comes to repairing your A/C unit, there are many reasons that would warrant a service call. Since our expert technicians have over 20 years of experience in diagnosing AC systems, you can be assured we will find the issue, provide an accurate diagnosis, and repair your ac unit correctly the first time around.
The goal is to find the underlying issue so your A/C system can be successfully repaired. These issues can vary from build-up of dirt to loose parts, to electrical issues. Finding out the exact cause helps us provide you with a customized plan and the solution you need.
Reasons for AC Repair
Air conditioners tend to break down during times of frequent usage, including when temperatures are at their highest in the summer. Signs you may need a repair or A/C tune up include:
- Uneven/Lack of Cooling: An A/C unit might need a repair due to a build-up of dirt on the condenser coil. This causes the refrigerant in the coil to be ineffective, which affects your ac unit’s ability to provide cool air. A lack of refrigerant or malfunctioning thermostat can affect cooling performance as well.
- The A/C Won’t Turn On: An electrical issue can prevent your air conditioner from functioning properly. If the electrical controls or sensors in the A/C unit don’t receive power, the A/C system will malfunction. The problem can be caused by a faulty motor or wiring problem, so it warrants a professional inspection.
- Limited Airflow: A dirty filter or defects in the unit or ducts can restrict airflow. This is often caused by dirt or debris buildup, which can lead to air quality issues, but can also be caused by blocked vents. A vent/unit that’s too close to furniture or interior/exterior walls can cause external pressures that strain the system.
- Noise: A noisy air conditioner may have a blockage, but oftentimes unusual sounds are caused by defects in the motor. Noises often precede system failure. A technician can perform a capacitor test to see if the problem is coming from the motor, and take the appropriate action to repair the system.
- Incorrect Installation: An A/C must be properly sized, or it may not provide the right temperature. Efficiency can be a problem as well; the system may use more power than necessary and therefore drive up utility costs.
In many of these situations, it would be best to contact one of our service technicians to address your concerns and accurately diagnose the issue so we can provide an effective solution for your A/C unit.
Benefits of AC Repair
An A/C tune-up or repair is less expensive than replacing the system. Professional repairs can add years to an air conditioner’s life. In addition to saving on the cost of replacement, issues that cause the unit to waste power can be resolved. It won’t have to work as hard to maintain the same temperature and your home can be more comfortable. Air quality is another consideration. If repair or maintenance issues are causing air quality problems, dust, pollen, dander, and other allergens can trigger asthma attacks, while mold can trigger respiratory issues as well.
Fortunately, The AC Hero can diagnose and repair A/C trouble quickly; our technicians even have compressors, blower motors, filters, refrigerant, wiring, and other essentials in their trucks so an HVAC system can be repaired in a single trip. They perform annual HVAC inspections as well, which can spot problems before they lead to more serious trouble.
Is Air Conditioning Repair Enough?
Every A/C system needs an occasional repair. Our technicians are experienced with all types of air conditioning repair but will recommend replacement or an upgrade if necessary. Factors that can warrant replacing your HVAC system include age; if it is around 20 years old, it’s likely to need additional expensive repairs soon and may be near the end of its lifespan. Decreased efficiency, and the higher energy efficiency ratings of newer models, is a reason to consider replacement. It’s also worthwhile to consider alternatives to traditional systems, such as central units. At the very least, you will experience a greater level of comfort at home.
Contact The AC Hero Today for Your AC Repair
If you have any issues with your air conditioning system, contact The AC Hero right away. Our team of certified technicians can diagnose and fix any problem. We provide a warranty for all our work and unbeatable, low-rate financing is available. Request A/C service online or call us 24/7 at 817-587-0649, even for an emergency!