AC Installation and Replacement in North Richland Hills
Your A/C unit is the source of comfort for your family when it comes to keeping your home cool in the Texas summer heat. It also provides warmth during a winter cold spell. Therefore, you need your air conditioner to be reliable no matter what time of year it is; if it’s not working, the best thing to do may be to get a new system.
Many times, homeowners will find that even though they have the temperature set to cool, their home will take longer than normal to cool or does not at all. If this occurs, it might be time for a new A/C system. Homeowners often stress over installing a new A/C, but our technicians can help you decide on a system and choose options that can make it more affordable.
At THE A/C HERO, we provide many different options for a custom plan involving your A/C installation. Our technicians have over 20 years’ experience and we personally ensure that you get the best quality A/C unit that will fit your needs.
Is It Time for a New AC Installation?
There are a variety of factors that play into when it is time to replace your A/C unit. If your A/C unit is around 10 years old, it might be time to replace it. Ideally, you would like to replace your A/C unit at the 15-year mark. But a lot of times, your A/C unit might have to be replaced earlier than that based on how well you have taken care of it.
When to Choose AC Installation
A good way to determine whether to replace your A/C unit is to assess its efficiency. If your air conditioner isn’t running efficiently, your energy bill will be higher, and will continue to rise as long as you keep your old unit. Every A/C unit reaches a point when there are no other options other than replacement to resolve this issue.
If you are facing an expensive repair, you might first want to factor in the cost of repairs versus replacing your A/C unit. There are times when it’s more beneficial to replace your A/C unit than pay for repairs. Replacement may be more cost-efficient if:
- It Frequently Breaks Down: If you need repairs every month, or on a regular basis, continuing to call a service technician can be costly. This is a tell-tale sign that your A/C unit is beyond repair and most likely needs to be replaced.
- Your Home Isn’t Cool Enough: An old air conditioner may not keep your home as comfortable as you’d like. Rooms may be hotter or colder than others, or it may take a long time for your home to cool down. You should have an A/C technician look into the issue, and whether installing a new system is the best option.
- Performance Issues: If the A/C doesn’t provide the temperature set on the thermostat, blows warm air, makes loud noises, leaks, or emits foul odors, major components may have failed. The older the system is, the more cost-effective it is to replace it.
The benefits of a new HVAC system include greater energy efficiency. An A/C that’s over 15 years old is less efficient and uses more electricity than the latest models. New units are designed to the latest efficiency standards. Reduced maintenance costs also contribute to a lower cost of ownership. The original parts for older systems are harder to find and are therefore more expensive. New air conditioners are efficient at removing allergens, viruses, and pollutants as well, which contributes to improved air quality and comfort.
What Kind of AC Unit is Right for You?
The A/C Hero is able to install any kind of air conditioning system. There are several types and the one most suited for your home depends on its size, location, and many other factors. These are some of the most common types of systems we install for Dallas-Fort Worth customers:
- Central A/C Units: Connected to a network of ducts, which serve different rooms, central units are effective at temperature control, air filtration, and dehumidification. They provide even cooling and can last up to 15 years.
- Ductless-Mini Splits: Are most suited for homes where ductwork cannot be installed. Units are installed in areas most used, so you don’t incur costs of cooling empty rooms, improving comfort and efficiency.
- Window A/C Units: Can be installed in just about any window and plugged into a standard home electrical socket. Window air conditioners are designed to provide not only cooling, but also dehumidification and filtration.
- Packaged/Rooftop Units: Packaged units connect to ductwork and are ruggedly built, so can last up to 20 years. Best suited for flat roofs, they can save a great deal of space as no major A/C components are installed indoors.
Call the North Richland Hills Air Conditioning Installation Specialists!
Contact The A/C Hero for your new A/C unit today. We install different A/C systems, determine the best type and size for your home, and install thermostats, ductwork, and more.
You can call us today at 817-587-0649 to have one of our licensed technicians do an evaluation and provide a free quote for A/C installation.